EnergyAustralia has been operating for more than 100 years and has the largest energy network in Australia. It supplies electricity and gas, builds, replaces and maintains its electricity network, sells electricity and gas, and promotes energy efficiency and renewable energy alternatives.
Its 1.6 million network customers are in both rural and urban areas and include small to large businesses and industries such as mining, shipping, tourism, manufacturing and agriculture. It has more than 1.4 million retail customers in NSW, ACT, Victoria and Queensland.
EnergyAustralia is a State-owned corporation whose shareholder is the New South Wales Government. It operates an electricity network across 22,275 square kilometres – distributing electricity to the Sydney, Central Coast and Hunter regions in New South Wales. Its operations also include purchasing and supplying energy, electrical contracting, customer connections, emergency restoration and local repairs, and major capital works.
EnergyAustralia is committed to meeting the needs of a growing energy market by effectively maintaining its assets, regularly upgrading its infrastructure and actively working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to help protect the environment.
EnergyAustralia’s main activities are:
- asset ownership and management of an electricity distribution network
- retailing of energy and related products in the national market
- procurement and trading in the national wholesale electricity and gas markets
- production, procurement and trading of green energy products
- infrastructure-related construction and maintenance services
- a range of other services, including street lighting, safety check-ups, energy reviews, metering and 24-hour electrical repairs.